A bit more on citrine today; it's an under-rated gemstone that is really quite wonderful. One of its best points is that its pretty color ranging from the palest yellow to a deep golden whiskey color plays well with others. It's great in combination with many other gemstones. And that is especially good news for those who want to wear their November birthstone, but feel that all yellow may not work with their wardrobe. Above, citrine is a stunner with blue aquamarines. (Currently for sale on the Cluny Grey Jewelry site).
Also, whether you believe in the power of gemstones or not, it is fascinating to read about the various qualities and forces which have been attributed to them, and citrine has some very, very special qualities.
- Citrine is known as the prosperity stone or the success stone. This belief is so strong for some that they carry or wear a citrine gemstone with them when starting a new business or trying to revive an old one, or when they have had economic setbacks.
- Citrine is also known as a calming gemstone that will turn emotional chaos into order and soothe injured feelings. It is believed to transform negative energy into positive energy.
- Citrine enhances mental clarity, confidence and willpower.
- Improves psychic awareness and spiritual development.
- Improves self-awareness.
- Promotes joy and laughter.
- Helps those who have difficulty sleeping. A citrine(s) under one's pillow will eliminate nightmares and improve quality of sleep.
Above, one of my favorite bracelets combined citrine with pale grey ocean jasper rondelles. Below, apatites lovely aqua is a great foil for light colored citrine.
Two more citrine based combinations:above, a carved amethyst gemstone flower sits atop a large faceted citrine nugget. Below, genuine sapphires ground a citrine bracelet full of carved citrine gemstones.
Citrine and rubies! You bet!They are stunning together, especially so with the addition of intricate pieces of sterling silver (from Bali and the Thai Karen Hill Tribes). Is it a ruby bracelet or a citrine bracelet? Perfect for the person who has a November birthday and a special someone with a July birthday.
In fact, some of the prettiest bracelets that we make combine birthstones of family members, or the two birthstones of a couple. We can make bracelets with gemstone combinations that look beautiful (okay, so you don't think that red, purple, and yellow (July or January, February, and November) will look good together? Wait until you see what we can do! We guarantee that you'll love it!)
Remember, it is not too early for us to make a memorable gift for you to give to that special someone for Christmas! Our custom pieces are priced just as our website pieces are - there is no special charge to have a custom piece made! And if you don't like it, you don't have to buy it! No money up front - you don't pay until you approve the final bracelet and it is ready to ship!
FREE SHIPPING ON ORDERS $50 AND OVER; ONLY $1.95 FOR ORDERS UNDER $50.00.