Monday, March 27, 2006

The Art of the Bracelet


I have no special theme for this blog; I just got some different lampwork beads in from a bead artist I haven't used before, and it drove me to create. These beads were really not in sets the way so many usually are although some have similar colours. Just one lampwork bead is in the first bracelet, and it has a strong yellow, green, and an orangey-red with a touch of yellow, too. I decided to go crazy and used yellow agate, carved brecciated jasper, yellow calcite, and an Indian agate oval. I used a light chain for a second strand with a few little cubes of yellow calcite dangling from it in three places.
I'm still using some Indian agate here, and some fancy jasper. The two lampwork beads are different but still in the same strong colour families. This time I used larger links and used just a half strand after finishing the first one. The charms are Indian agate and Karen Hill Tribes' sterling silver.
I love to work with purple (always - even though I don't wear purple clothes really). The large floral encased lampwork bead on the left is from James Derrick Reeves, and the lentil on the right is one of the new beads (and one I really like). I was going to add charms, but now I'm not sure. The chain has patterned oval links and I have fastened it in 2 places so that it has a scalloped effect. I've used fluorite, a purple fancy jasper rectangle, amethyst nuggets, and a purple crazy lace agate rondelle.
I am fond of mixing the chain with the bracelets having gemstones and lampwork combined. It gives a certain je ne sais quoi that I especially like.

Cluny Grey Jewelry

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your jewelry is beautiful!

clunygrey said...

Hi, Shannon
...and thank you!
You can buy my jewelry at my website: http://www.clunygreyjewelry.com and there's also a link on this blog. I also sell on Ebay under the seller id chloemarie99 or you can do a search for Cluny Grey.
Cluny

Carolyn Magura said...

The first bracelet in this post, of March 27th, just arrived in my home, and may not leave my wrist except for sleeping and bathing!!! Cluny Grey's artistry is absolutely unique, alluring, sophisticated, and awe-inspiring. Having the lampwork bead in the middle of the stones just increases the sense of color, texture and dimension to this bracelet.

I plan on increasing my ownership of Ms. Greys wearable artwork to enrich different outfits of mine.

Thank you, Cluny Grey for sharing your work.

Betina Sandra Guelman said...

I love these bracelets