Thursday, May 31, 2012

Jewels for Summer!



I adore summer! Everyone is out and about, especially now before the full heat of the mid-atlantic is upon us, and new outfits are popping up everywhere. And to go with those new summer outfits, you need jewelry! A customer I spoke to mentioned liking lapis and sunstone just in passing and that got me started. First, I put lapis and sunstone together in the two-strand bracelet that you see here. And because lapis is one of those stones that just begs to be played with, I had to make a couple of other lapis pieces as well.


Below, for those who like something simple, a lapis bracelet with one pretty blue borosilicate lampwork bead for a focal; it's surrounded by Thai Karen Hill Tribes sterling silver then finished with thick disks of lapis sprinkled with sparkling pyrite.  The sterling silver toggle has a flower on both the bar and the ring as well as a flower charm hanging to one side.



I really love lapis with gold. Here all the gold is 14 karat goldfill.  Lapis with gold always makes me think of the riches of early Sumer and Egypt.

 I've had these beautiful and odd lampwork beads for some time. They were made by Lynn Nurge and while the three long pieces at first make one think of coral, they have tiny "bumps" all over them which makes them look like octopus tentacles.  Sounds creepy? They are gorgeous!  I mixed the colours with Swarovski crystals in copper and light tanzanite.  I can just imagine this necklace worn in the early evening with a white dress - or an orange one, or a light purple one or . . . . After I finished this I tried it on wearing a khaki coloured shirt and it was wonderful.  Major sparkle!
This necklace has been on the site, but I made it in the winter (I guess I was longing for warm weather).  This fantastic necklace is made with sterling silver and all Swarovski crystals, including Swarovski crystals in the clear coral shape. This is chic and very, very elegant with plenty of sparkle.
Are you enjoying the warm weather?  I'm getting ready for a trip to Paris soon, so I'm trying to find things to take that are cool but dressy at the same time.  You can bet I will have plain basics and lots of not-so-plain jewelry!

6 comments:

online fashion jewellery india said...

Nice collection of stone made jewellery. Its look awesome.

bodymattersgold.com said...

Lapis and gold is absolutely luscious and yes, it reminds me of the splendor of Ancient Egypt, too. I hope you enjoy Paris! Have fun.

clunygrey said...

Thank you both! How can one not enjoy Paris?!

Andrea said...

This is some of the most beautiful jewelry I have ever seen! I love it!
Andrea

clunygrey said...

Thank you so much, Andrea! I really appreciate the compliment!
Cluny

princess cut engagement rings said...

Women wear jewellery to enhance the physical  appearance,the right pair of earrings can  complement an outfit to make the wearer feel more  attractive and self confident. Some people like to wear precious or semiprecious gems because they believe that they can restore their mental, physical or spiritual wellbeing by balancing internal energies.