Thursday, April 06, 2006

Roxo, морав цвят, Opgave,Púrpura, Hensikt, Purpurarauður, Purperrood, It's All PURPLE!!


Once again, I am in the thrall of purple. How did this happen? Easily. Amethysts from Spain. Nice chunky, faceted amethysts from Spain. Dark purple amethysts - very high quality. Wonderfully light purple faceted chunky amethysts, a bit lower in quality, but I think I like them better because of the great depth they have - and because they are a bit bigger. I love faceted, chunky stones that remind me of the fairy tales I read as a child. When I envisioned a Princess having her weight matched in rubies - those rubies were not nicely faceted little round ones. They were big faceted chunks of tranlucent rubies. Emeralds, sapphires, amethysts, all the coloured stones were the most appealing and the richest. So when I got these amethysts from Spain, I had to use them right away. I had some lampwork, too, that was a pretty purple, so what was I waiting for?
The bracelet above is the first result, and the necklace and earrings below the second. I really like the earrings since they have amethyst cabochons set in silver below the big chunks, then little dangles. The necklace is a lariat style with one of the prettiest sterling silver toggle clasps in the form of a swirling leaf; another chunky amethyst dangles from it.

The other purple stones include charoite, sugilite, crazy lace agate, and lepidolite. The sterling silver is from the Thai Karen Hill Tribes and from Bali.
By the way, how many languages in the title can you recognize without looking them up?

Jewelry can be seen at Cluny Grey Jewelry

4 comments:

Its Me! said...

Okay, I have to admit, purple is kind of nice too...but there's still something about gold.

Carolyn Magura said...

Cluny: I am waiting for 2 bracelets to arrive with patience that is NOT a part of my skill set!! lol !

One was purchased from ebay, and will be perfect with a multitude of outfits. The other was purchased from your website, and will match ALL OF THE COLORS OF MY EASTER outfit!!

However, I must admit that I too am partial to purple, and love both of these items. Hmmmmm, just might have to see if they are still available, when my funds also are ready.

Thank you for your fantastic designs.

Carolyn Magura

ShyViolet said...

You always have such wonderful color combinations! Your jewelry is inspirational - not that I copy anything from you, of course, but I love looking at the colors and shapes you use to come up with something rich but yet not too frou-frou. Have a great day!

Emily Suess said...

I'm not typically a jewlery kinda girl, but that color is gorgeous.