Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Holiday Gift Ideas



I'm still playing catch-up in almost every area of my life since the remodeling. Unfortunate because this is the time of the year when I love making jewelry, and wish I could do nothing but about 16 hours a day. It's just beginning to get cool outside (it was only 52 degrees F today at 2:00 in the afternoon and it's supposed to get down to 28 degrees tonight) which makes me glad I'm inside, and there are so many occasions to make jewelry for: Christmas, Christmas weddings, Thanksgiving, holiday parties, New Year's....

But there are many other things to do including shopping although it's not nearly as much fun to shop when you have to shop!
I've made a special page on the Cluny Grey Jewelry website called Holiday Gift Ideas which has some of our jewelry pieces suggested as gifts at certain price points from under $20 to over $100. I plan to add more to it in the next few weeks. The earrings at the top of the page are featured and cost under $30.00. The jewelry I've been working on is varied, unusual for me since I so often start working with a gemstone and make piece after piece from it until I've exhausted my current ideas. Instead I've been working with aquamarine with citrine in the bracelet above, then lampwork with silver, and finally, one of my favorite mixtures, lapis with carnelian, gold and lampwork.
Meanwhile, our blog has been featured in the "Top 100 Fashion Blogs" chosen by the Customized Girl Blog under "Accessories." Check it out!

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

Beautiful jewelry!

Silver Parrot said...

Your things are so beautiful! I'm jealous that you actually get to get things completed and posted and I haven't been able to finish much for months now. Of course, that hasn't stopped me from BUYING beads ;-)