Friday, December 07, 2007

Swarovski: Playing with Sparkle


Sometimes working with Swarovski seems like playing with moonbeams that gleam and sparkle, only moonbeams that come in every colour of the rainbow. The past couple of days, I've been taking breaks from other work to scoot the crystal around my desk and see if they formed themselves into any kind of cohesive design - that's how working with Swarovski often is. I realized that there were certain colours that were not at all represented on my Swarovski Crystal Bracelets page, so I set to work to remedy the situation. I realized I had very few pinks and purples, so I created the bracelet above and the one immediately below. It's difficult to tell from the pictures, but almost all the crystals are 8mm, 10mm and over. I love the larger sizes of Swarovski crystals, and I also like to use the newer colours. The bracelet below features palace green opal (one of the newest Swarovski colours) and rosewater opal, as well as my favorite, Pacific opal.
The pink bracelet below has a focal of Crystal Moonlight and the majority of the bracelet is rosewater opal. Finally, I worked with the light red Siam , a colour I rarely use although I love, and I mean love, to work with red and red-toned gemstones. I mixed the red Swarovski with the more muted silver shadow and included a little silver shadow butterfly. The last challenge was photographing these so that their sparkle showed - and I am still not satisfied with the results - especially with the opal colours!

Don't forget to shop our Holiday Gift Ideas!



4 comments:

junation said...

The top bracelet is gorgeous.

ReviewsbyHeidi said...

Beautiful! I absolutely love these bracelets. I do alot of reviews on my blog and am just getting into doing some jewelry reviews, so let me know if you ever need one done.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/ReviewsbyHeidi

Tiffany Maldonado said...

Those are some very sophisticated bracelets. I am very much into blues and purples right now. Looks great!
My Fashion Blog: My Fashion Blog

Swarovski crystal said...

Hi... that was great stuff.. I really like reading on this subject Could you tell me more on that... I love to explore