Sunday, July 20, 2008

If It's Not One Thing, It's Another.....


This rhodochrosite bracelet really cheers me up, and wow! do I ever need cheering up! While I usually don't get into personal issues here on the jewelry blog, this last week (and it's been some kind of month, too, but that's another story) has really been rough.
Orders, orders, orders, and I have lost the person who does the packing/wrapping for me. Unfortunately, I'm not the fastest wrapper/packer in the world, so I'm behind on getting orders mailed out - tomorrow I plan another marathon day to catch up finally.
On Tuesday of last week, I ate some lemon frozen yoghurt. Sounds delicious, right? But even though it looked as though it could have melted and refrozen and there was a slit in the top, it was late, and I wanted, really wanted, that lemon yoghurt. Food poisoning is not fun. I had salmonella once in India, and this ran a close second to that and lasted almost as long. This food poisoning, like salmonella, makes you feel bad all over; all you can do is lie as still as possible - not that easy since no position is really comfortable and you feel too bad even to read.
In addition to everything else, Startlogic, the company who hosts my website, has put in a new server that is supposed(!?!) to be wonderful. Today, my site has been offline almost all day. In the last 2 weeks, my site has been offline more than it had in the 4 previous years totaled. I still can't check my e-mail through the site at this moment, and just when I thought it was back on, it's down again! Sometimes I hate "improvements."
But I do like the bracelet above (there are 2 different views of it) made with rhodochrosite, rubies, and the lampwork of Lynn Nurge. I've also been looking at a lot of Georgian and Victorian jewelry; the ruby bracelet below features rubies and tuquoise, a combination I found in a Victorian brooch and liked. The colours complement each other very well - I can't wait to try the combination with gold.
Aquamarine is featured in the jade earrings in the shape of lilies. A small smooth nugget of aquamarine forms the stamen of the lily. The earrings hang from sterling silver posts with a good-sized white freshwater pearl cabochon. Very elegant earrings.

The tiger-eye bracelet below features a focal carved oval tigereye surrounded by genuine aquamarines, a large aquamarine slab, and once again, the lampwork beads of Lynn Nurge.
Now if my website will just stay online, I'll be able to get these posted!
And keep your fingers crossed for me that this week will be a significant improvement over the last one!

2 comments:

http://www.gemaffair.com said...

I have not been keeping up with your blog like I normally do, but as another ecommerce jewelry seller, I feel compelled to comment on this one! I totally know what you mean by improvements not really being an improvement. There is always bugs! It seems like things get worse, sometimes much worse, before they get better. :)

And loosing employees! GEEESSSH! Do I know where you are coming from! I think this country is in real trouble with the next generations, they don't seem to want to work at all anymore, but oh they want to get paid!

Anyways, I still think we have the best (and one of the oldest) industry! And your jewelry is some of the most intricate and well designed I have seen! Thanks!



Michael

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful stuff! Your probably not interested, but http://www.sterlingtiffany.com/
has a pretty cool silver jewelry for people that don't know much about gold, diamonds, and other types of jewelry. Keep this stuff coming, I love to read it!