Monday, June 02, 2014

I Love Turquoise for Summer!

turquoise bracelet
Turquoise Bracelet with Sterling Silver
 Turquoise is probably my favorite color, so it follows that I would certainly love gem turquoise.  For years, I thought of turquoise as Southwestern and it reminded me of family trips to California, and conjured images of the Painted Desert, Carlsbad Caverns, Navajo reservations, and that endless highway called Route 66 that we drove on back then.
   Then, I went to Greece! To my surprise, turquoise was everywhere, as it was when I went to Egypt, and especially when I went to Turkey. Although I still can link turquoise with the Southwest US, it now gives me visions of ancient times in Mesopotamia, Turkey, Egypt and Greece especially when I mix it with lapis lazuli.
turquoise necklace
Turquoise Necklace with Carnelian

turquoise necklace
Turquoise Necklace with Vermiel

turquoise bracelet
Turquoise Bracelet with Lampwork Bead Focal and Sterling Silver
 Above, a Southwestern take on the turquoise bracelet, and below, a more Grecian look in turquoise and gold.
turquoise bracelet
Turquoise Bracelet with 14 Karat Gold-fill
The following pictures also demonstrate that the popularity of turquoise remains undiminished. It is truly beautiful and suits many different types of women.
double-strand turquoise necklace
Above, turquoise against tanned skin is a classic, but look, below, at how beautiful blond Cameron Diaz is in turquoise necklace and earrings.
turquoise necklace and earrings
Cynthia Nixon with her red hair and ultra fair skin is ravishing in this multi-strand, layered turquoise necklace. Look at how well it goes with her blue eyes! Every red-head should own turquoise jewelry.
turquoise necklace
Below, Selma Hayak sports two turquoise necklaces for a layered look.  I especially like the shorter one.
turquoise necklaces
Turquoise even flatters that summer perennial, the white tee!
triple-strand turquoise necklace


  • Always FREE SHIPPING for purchases over $50.00; only $1.95 for purchases under $50.00.
  • No comments: