Friday, October 28, 2005

Kyanite and Lampwork

I do love ; first, it is a lovely shade of blue, and then, it has these wonderful hair-like striations when you look inside that give it a wonderful visual texture. For this , I've paired this kyanite with Gumeson Design floral and jewel also in the same blue (although the blues photograph slightly differently). The translucent kyanite looks wonderful with bright white sterling silver. The little charms are also kyanite. I've got more kyanite, but it's one of those stones that is expensive enough that I always hesitate to use it until I think I have some kind of utterly fantastic idea. I should just leap; I can always tear apart! Cluny

Currently this bracelet can be bought on the Cluny Grey Jewelry website. You can also see jewelry by Cluny Grey and Leslie Turtle at Studio G Jewelry.



Mother of Pearl and Kyanite Bangle, currently up for auction on Ebay: look for user id: chloemarie99 or do a search for Cluny Grey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi...wow... I'm loving your descriptions about all the different gemstones out there. I'm making custom bead jewelry and stumbled across your site this morning. I had no idea some of these stones even existed! I'm going to give you a link on my beading news site - Beadboard.net!

PS...I love the way the text color changes with the gemstone ;-)