Friday, February 24, 2006

Hail from Hot Springs

I'm working at my sister's house in Hot Springs this week because of a family member's hospitalization. I really thought it would be difficult to work here. Not so. I've made 11 pieces in the few days since I've been here. One is this fluorite and lampwork bracelet and earrings set. The lampwork is by James Derrick Reeves and goes wonderfully with the fluorite. The earrings have purple fluorite teardrops with slight lines running through them. Actually the only thing about working here is getting my pictures done and online. I have to use my digital camera, put them on my laptop, edit them, save them to a disk, then pull them up on her computer - it's a bit more difficult than it sounds.
My next bracelet (I just made matching earrings, but don't have a photo to upload yet) consists of lampwork beads, citrine, amazonite and a second strand chain made of smooth and twisted rings as well as filigree pieces. Amazonite looks so beautiful with yellow that I'm tempted to keep making jewelry these colours over and over. (I must restrain myself). These 2 pieces are for auction on Ebay this week: look for clunygrey or user id: chloemarie99 . I'll get some more pictures up soon, I hope, and I may be able to go home in a few days, or even this weekend.
Cluny Grey Jewelry

No comments: