Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Moon Gold & Sea Shimmer

I am a total fan of gold; I suppose I will always love it. The bracelet above is a celebration of gold with lots of vermeil (24k gold layered over sterling silver) and exquisite lentil lampwork beads that have metallic gold swirled richly throughout. The faceted nuggets are rainbow moonstones from Spain. The earrings are also made of the same beautiful lentils. I made this just because I really like it. I really don't sell very much gold since sterling silver is the rage. Gold is supposed to be making a big comeback in the fashion world - I can't wait! My dream is to work with pure gold and precious gems.
The second bracelet I created as the result of Art Jewelry Magazine's Forum Colour Challenge. The colours given to me were light and dark topaz, silver, and French rose. What I love the most about this bracelet featuring rhodonite, lots of sterling silver, and smoky topaz are the vase shaped Botswana agate beads that are a pinkish-taupe colour. In fact, I liked them so much that I made a pair of matching earrings using them.
Chrysoprase and lampwork beads from James Derrick Reeves are punctuated by 3 large charms in the middle of the bracelet. The sterling silver "S" clasp has a very detailed rose on it.
I've made several of these mother of pearl bangle bracelets; I don't know what I'm going to do when I run out of this lot of mother of pearl. The size of the rounded rectangles and the wonderful gleam and shimmer and colours in these pieces are just phenomenal. Little keishi pearls are at the ends of this bracelet beside the hook clasp.
These pieces will be up for auction on Ebay this week; check for Cluny Grey or user id: chloemarie99 .
Cluny Grey Jewelry

No comments: