Monday, March 20, 2006

Lampwork and Gemstones and Silver, Oh My!

I have got to stop buying lampwork beads or I am going to be broke. But they are so enticing, even on an internet page. I like them best when they are combined with gemstones although later this week I'm going to start doing a few with just lampwork and Swarovski crystals.
One of my favorite lampworkers is James Derrick Reeves; I use his beads all the time, and I have used them in the bracelet above. I love his colour combinations. This particular set had turquoise with 2 tones of purple - a very pinkish purple or almost magenta, and a true purple. I used some of the beads in the set with some fantastic amazonite that I'd bought recently - amazonite that is a very nice clear turquoise colour (I'm having a difficult time finding pretty amazonite lately). I added a couple of purple crazy lace agate faceted rondelles and a charoite barrel. I favored the Thai sterling silver from the Karen Hill Tribes: an intricate rose charm, a pretty toggle clasp, and a great cap that I inserted amazonite into to look like a flower bud charm. Spring is practically here!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms. Grey: I have just discovered your jewelry, and have become addicted! Each piece I see is more beautiful than the one before!

I think that spring is a wonderful time to drool over the magic of stones, beads, and how they are calling out to you to come together.

I envy you your talent! However, I can thank you by wearing your pieces!

My talent lies in other directions. Having "managed" Multiple Sclerosis for over 45 years now, and having spent over 30 years as a Human Resources Executive (where I was known as the "jewelry lady") I started a website to assist others. You can find out more about me, if you want to, by checking out the "About Us" link on my website: www.disabilitykey.com.

I look forward to "e-chatting" with you, and to wearing your FANTASTIC pieces. I'll send you some pictures!!

Sincerely,

Carolyn Magura
www.disabilitykey.com

jane said...

That's beautiful!

Undercover Angel said...

Your jewelry is absolutely gorgeous!

Raven said...

Beautiful work!