Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Colour of the Week is - PINK!

I am constantly fixing on a colour and getting fixated! This week the colour was pink - or the pink tones. I got some new pink zebra jasper that actually has somewhat of a peachy tone to it, so I decided to match it with some of the pink Peruvian opals that I have that have more of a peach cast also. The real catalyst were these beads from Irene Collier (a lampwork bead artist) that are perfectly made. Then, since I was using pink anyway, I started looking over the lampwork beads and pulled out the rose quartz to go with a fabulous floral bead from James Derrick Reeves that I have been saving. Two strands later, I still was in a pink mood, so I decided to combine the pink Peruvian opal and the rose quartz with some great pink "Jewels" (lampwork beads from Burt Gumeson). Today I made myself go for the Indian agate, ocean jasper and aventurine (mostly greenish gemstones) just to make sure I didn't overdose on the pink!


Cluny Grey Jewelry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cluny: I'v just received the middle pink bracelet, and LOVE IT. It is my 4th bracelet of yours, and I currently am awaiting receipt of 2 more, and one pink necklace to match the pink bracelet and earrings.

Cluny, I absolutely love the colors, tectures, shadings, shapes and sizes of the stones, pearls, and lampwork beads that you select for each piece of artistry.

THANK you, thank you!!

Carolyn