Monday, April 17, 2006

Labradorite: Nature Getting Flashy!




I love good labradorite! When I say good labradorite, I mean labradorite with lots and lots of that gorgeous blue flash! Between the dark colour and the bright flash, I can easily associate labradorite with Labrador, the place where it was first discovered (the Native Indians of Labrador called it "firestone"). The play of colour is known as the Schiller effect.
I got some great labradorite nuggets lately with lots of fire and flash. I especially love the longer nuggets like the one on the chain bracelet, and the chunkier ones (one on the other bracelet; I have more that I haven't made into anything yet).
The chain bracelet ("Unchain the Light") is one of my favorites since it shows the Schiller effect wonderfully, and the chains of oxidised sterling silver (from the Thai Karen Hill Tribes) give it a special look, but one that would work everyday.
The second double strand bracelet also features a silver-laced lampwork bead by Lisa Sharik of Texas.

These and other pieces can be seen in the Ebay store also: Studio G; userid: chloemarie99 or do a simple search for Cluny Grey.

Cluny Grey Jewelry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your jewelry is so beautiful. I found the top bracelet "Unchain the Light" to be quite inspirational. Labradorite is by far my favorite stone, and you have really put it in the spotlight. Congratulations.

Unknown said...

Wow you have chosen some stunning stones for your jewelry, and they are showcased well by the design. Keep up the great work.