Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Little Lapis

I've been working with lapis lazuli a bit this week, a stone I've always loved, especially if it has a sprinkling of pyrite that glitters and catches the light, and most of this does. I also like lapis because it has a connection to the ancient world; I cannot think of it without seeing in my mind the gold and lapis harp or the little goat-god, Tammuz, with his lapis beard. I like gemstones that give me this link to the ancient past, a romantic notion of mine and I'm sure, many others. Still working with the new Fall colours, I mixed the lapis with glittering sunstone and the loveliest borosilicate lampwork beads I could find. I decided to forget about lampwork beads for the bracelet below, and instead just mixed it with 14 karat gold fill ; it's a simple bracelet with presence. See it on our Lapis Jewelry page.

I also worked with citrine and created this citrine necklace (with matching earrings although you can't see all of them here; they have cabochon citrines in the earwires). I love these clear pale yellow faceted nuggets, and they look great with the Bali sterling silver.


Finally, an amazonite bracelet that I mixed with sterling silver and Pacific Opal Swarovski crystals. I love this combination, but it only works with good, deeply coloured amazonite.
I finally have some auctions listed on Ebay; I'm thinking of closing my store there. Meanwhile, the bids start lower than the usual prices for the jewelry. Do a search for Cluny Grey or look for my user id: chloemarie99.
Meanwhile, keep beading and keep enjoying summer!

1 comment:

yours truly said...

Breathtaking! You make beautiful things!