Friday, July 13, 2007

A Preview of the New Fall Colours

I don't know about you, but I'm enjoying summer; so far, the heat and humidity have not been that bad here in Arkansas. Of course, as I soon as I write this, we will probably be stricken with a heat wave and humidity so dense if feels as though we're breathing underwater. It has been what I think of as "pleasantly hot"; that is, hot enough to enjoy cooling off in the pool and to want nice cold drinks, but not hot enough to make me want to avoid going out of doors at all (wait until August!).
Meanwhile I've been working on some jewelry commissions, and even trying to get ready for Fall a bit (yes, already).
Above is a bracelet I made using some of the new Fall 2007 colours although the look definitely says summer also. The lampwork beads are some of my favourites; they are etched for a matte finish. (I think of them as having a "desert" look.) Fire agate and gorgeous aqua chalcedony complete the look.
Above and below are more new Fall colours. I made a trio of these bracelets that can be worn separately or 2 at a time or all 3 together. These colours are from a palette described as "forest". The colour I love is the muted aqua/teal colour; in the bracelet this colour is represented by the faceted kyanite coins. I'm not sure how to describe the colour, but it is referred to as "Stargazer", and I love that name. Smoky quartz is great with this colour, and the dark brown, the darkest brown is a big colour for this Fall also. Finally, the sparkly sunstone that glitters represents a bright golden dark peach colour that is a favourite of mine anytime.
Enjoy summer; no matter what the calendar says, summer never lasts as long as winter......





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the jewellers is classical

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful piece of jewelry.