Monday, August 20, 2007

Raise the Red Lantern



Or perhaps it would be more apt to say, "Raise the red jade." I had a customer who was interested in red jade, so I made a bracelet using some of the scarce red jade I had. You know me, I had to make more red jade bracelets, and although I am running out of the pretty red jade, it has caught my imagination and instead of just jade, I'm seeing red. . . anything red!
The last bracelet, the bangle bracelet, is the one I made first. The red beads were so shiny that I wanted to work with them some more (just like a magpie, I cannot resist shiny things). So. . . the second bracelet with lots of sterling silver added and expanded to two strands instead of one. Finally, I did the top bracelet with these great lampwork beads from James Derrick Reeves (surprise!). You can see these on our Jade Bracelets page.

I found a great site for ceramic beads today: Earthenwood Studio. They have great handcrafted porcelain beads and a slew of other products, too. Check them out. I already have my eye on some great pendant beads.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Jewelry! I love the fresh designs.

nihaopengyo

http://www.redlanternstyle.com