Monday, September 17, 2007

Miscellany


Because I have been busy doing custom work the last month, when I make something, it's because I caught an odd moment between e-mails or I'm waiting on a call. Still, I like being busy; I go home late evening and for once have no trouble sleeping (once I catch up on the e-mails).
The mornings have begun to be chilly; I can sense Fall in the air, and the water in the pool is frigid even on the sunniest days. How could it be so sweltering a few short weeks ago and then change so suddenly?
The bangle bracelet above is evidence of my growing Fall mood; the warmth of the carnelian always reminds me of Fall and Winter. I do not often think of it as a summer stone (unless perhaps the carnelian is orange or white).
The bracelet below, too, is indicative of the turning leaves and my changing mood. Crystal moonlight Swarovski - very large Swarovski, I might add - and gorgeous silver-flaked beads that really shine - great lampwork beads by one of my favorite lampworkers, Robin Weber. This bracelet may be cool whereas the carnelian bangle was warm, but it's really not so much coolness as it is frostiness, the frostiness of late Fall, early Winter. This is a Winter bracelet!

My last two bracelets are equally at home, I think, Fall, Winter, Summer, Spring. Classic amethyst with more of Robin's wonderful beads: this time they are purple laced with silver, and their shine is lovely. In fact, I haven't seen that many beads that can compare to these in the shine and sparkle department.
And finally, the last bracelet, aptly entitled Miscellany, is a mix of gemstones, precious and semi-precious. Kyanite in a lovely teal colour, aquamarine that is mostly blue in colour, emeralds, rubies and pink chalcedony, all are accented with sterling silver to show off the gemstones. It's a small bracelet with a lot of presence.
The carnelian bangle bracelet, amethyst bracelet, Swarovksi and lampwork bracelet can be found on the Cluny Grey Jewelry website, and Miscellany should be listed there soon.
Welcome Fall!



3 comments:

The last poet in Jerusalem said...

you make beautiful jewelry
www.picturesongold.com

The Beading Gem said...

You do make lovely jewelry! You intriguingly described kyanite as teal coloured. The kyanite I've seen is just blue with no hint of green. Are the teal varieties harder to come by?

clunygrey said...

Thank you!
Uh, oh, I knew I should have changed that post, but I forgot and other things got in the way.
The bead is actually apatite, not kyanite, (can you see how I would get the two words mixed up?) and it does come in dark green, teal, peacock blue - as I am sure that you already know!
You caught me!
Cluny