Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Sparkle of Swarovski


For the longest time, I wouldn't use Swarovski crystals in my jewelry. I wanted the jewelry to be pure gemstone jewelry with only sterling or gold - I didn't use lampwork beads either. I soon learned what I was missing! Now my only quandary is how much mixing to do with Swarovski. Do I want to add lampwork beads? Pure Swarovski? Should I add some gemstones? And with the addition of the new Graphic, Helix, Cosmic, and other special beads in the very large sizes, Swarovski is more fun to work with than ever.
The first bracelet is one of my favourites: aquamarine, golden shadow, light amethyst, and alexandrite reflect the colours in the two small lampwork beads by Lynn Nurge. These beads have all the colours of an Austrian opal and a certain iridescence also. The Swarovski bracelet is assymetrical as are many of the bracelets I make from a variety of materials.
I stuck with the large Graphic and Cosmic crystals in the bracelet below. The Indicolite Swarovski crystals are accented only by sterling silver Bali beads. The bracelet is nice and chunky and sparkling, and those are good things! Plus, the colour of Indicolite is one of the most mysterious dark turquoise blues I've ever seen.
The last bracelet below is made of Caribbean Blue Opal Swarovski crystals (AB); once again I've only added sterling silver - delicious large filigree beads from the Thai Karen Hill Tribes as well as the neatest ring beads, about 8mm in diameter, that are also wide with some imprinting on them.
You'll be able to find these bracelets and others on the Cluny Grey Jewelry site on the Swarovski Crystal Bracelets page.




4 comments:

Rosy said...

All the designs are really awesome....They are really looking great..........Nice work.
cheers,
Rosy.
----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.kgottfriedinc.com

magnetic jewelry clasp said...

I love your swarovski collection!

Cheers,
Magnetic Jewelry Clasp

guia said...

Nice work and they are great, I love the swarovski collection. Can we exchange link?

Claudia said...

Excellent work!!! This jewelry is gorgeous... I love the collection.