Thursday, February 12, 2009

Colour: Monochromatic or Mixed! CONTEST

I love to read passages that start with "there are two kinds of people in the world..." because of course there never are. But I am still always interested in the way many would divide the world and feel that their choices often reveal a great deal about themselves. So...there are two types of people in the world: those who like great expanses of one colour, with maybe a touch or two of another, the monochromatics, and those who prefer colours many and mixed. Now to show you how ridiculous such a statement is, I will announce that I am both. Of course, to add an element of veracity to the statement, I will say that when I dress, I prefer the monochromatic to the many: no prints, good solid colours that make a statement whether the statement is gentle, muted, loud, or strong. In jewelry, however, I love to mix as you can see from the unusual bracelet below. While I personally prefer to wear the aquamarine bracelet that you see above, I delight in creating and looking at the bracelet below. Circus colours, brightly coloured and patterned lampwork beads, and just a hint of sterling silver - can you hear the colour? It is a cacaphony. The aquamarine bracelet is music, beautiful, but definitely not the 1812 Overture. Debussy?
The last two pictures are of the same ruby necklace. If it were music, what would it be? Send me the name of a piece of music that you think would make a good name for this necklace and win a pair of Swarovski earrings in the colour of your choice!



If you are interested, not just in jewelry but in all types of art, see Best of Artists, a great site that concentrates on art from painting, pottery, and photography to sculpture and jewelry. And yes, yours truly has been listed: see, Best of Artists: Cluny Grey.

5 comments:

Marie Cramp said...

It makes me think of
Liszt's "Liebestraum {Love's Dream}
It is perfect really, rubys always make me think of love.

Marie
scrappingworld@live.com
http://scrappingworld.blogspot.com
http://skyejewels.blogspot.com

EmandaJ said...

Hello Cluny, Love the jewelry and your association of color and music. I think the beautiful ruby necklace should be called jazz, specifically "Take Five" by Dave Brubeck.

Emanda

Anonymous said...

You have beautiful designs...keep up the good work! Great blog!

Bill Warren

Anonymous said...

Oh......... Great Blog..... Excellent efforts by you. Thanks for your all the great information. Really you have an fantastic blog here. What a great designs, Hand's off to you Cluny.

Well as a Astrologer, I also have Jewelry Website, May it will be informative for you.

Silver Crystal Jewellery

Keep up the great work!!!!

Burma Jade said...

great blogggg