Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

Yes, I am making New Year's Resolutions. No, I haven't finished them. I find that New Year's Resolutions are very important to me. They allow me to take stock really of the past year to determine what I want to improve upon for the coming year. I also take my time about writing them. I give myself all of January to make New Year's Resolutions since some of the most obvious don't always present themselves the first time I sit down to think about them. Some of my most important resolutions are those I think of while going about my routine, especially when I do something that makes me unhappy or ill-at-east. An ongoing one has been to be tolerant and easy-going about traffic situations. I've had it for a while now, and I have improved. Traffic doesn't phase me much; I don't curse other drivers or get jittery in a massive slowdown. Working on it has really helped!


One resolution is to write in this blog more often. I was horrified to see that I hadn't posted since early December. The Christmas season kept me very, very busy; this last week, the Wednesday before New Year's Eve, I had oral surgery (yuk!) and I'm just now starting to feel normal again.

The jewelry today: above, a ruby bracelet made with deep blue faceted turquoise, a new favorite combination for me; a sunstone bracelet with three ravishing strands of sparkling sunstone; below, two mother of pearl bracelets, the first with circles and squares and the addition of blue chalcedony in the squares and a mother of pearl clasp, the second, beautiful mother of pearl (my favorite mother of pearl that I have) with an iridiscent greyish cast and sterling silver.


Remember to make your New Year's Resolutions; it really can help!

5 comments:

Marie Cramp said...

Love the ruby and Turquoise! The second mother of pearl with the grey tones is fantastic too!
I just made my first piece using rubies today!! A ring. I am sending it to a magazine so I am looking forward to seeing it in print :)

Happy New Year!!

Marie

Anonymous said...

The ruby bracelet is so lovely! I wish I can have something like that as an addition to my bracelet collection. Happy New Year!


Vintage Jewelry

Danforth Diamond said...

The ruby bracelet link is broken in the text. Thought you would like to fix it. I also run a jewelry blog and I find it hard to blog regularly too. Running a store and writing weekly often conflict. Keep up the fight though. Thanks for sharing.

clunygrey said...

Thanks so much for the heads-up!

glamour said...

nice pieces