Sunday, June 13, 2010

Summer and the Sea


I've had a short vacation which I thoroughly enjoyed. My family and I went to the Outer Banks of North Carolina for a few days. The waves were awesome and the weather hot, but agreeable nonetheless. It was a special thrill to see my grand-daughter view the ocean for her first time. The noise of the waves was so loud that I'm sure she felt rather daunted by the sea, but she adored the sandy beach. Outfitted with her bikini, a cover-up, sunscreen, a hat, and the new beach bag I bought her, she used her shovel and pail to play in the sand and spent her time digging holes and examining pieces of shells which she found immensely interesting.
Needless to say, I didn't make jewelry during this vacation. However, I have done a few custom pieces since I've been back and have barely been able to get a couple of pieces of jewelry made. Top, is a mother of pearl bracelet with a cloisonne butterfly accented by gold. And yes, that is orange mother of pearl!
Below is an agate bracelet with yellow calcite and a sharply faceted citrine nugget enhanced with a pretty little artist's lampwork bead covered with flowers.

The salvation bracelet above features black onyx, genuine ruby and sapphire, rock crystal, a genuine emerald, and citrine along with a freshwater pearl cross. This is a smaller scale bracelet than some of the salvation bracelets I make and is perfect for anyone, young or old.
Finally, the coral necklace features large sealife sterling silver beads from the Karen Hill Tribes and sealife charms, a turtle, a sand dollar, a shell. The blue coral is accented with some of my best artist's lampwork beads. The second strand, a sterling silver chain with charms, can be detached from the main part of the necklace and worn alone.

I'm trying a new template; drop me a line and let me know how you like it. I will probably be changing it more soon.
DON'T FORGET OUR FREE SHIPPING!!!!!!

4 comments:

AmberBeata Jewelry said...

The butterfly bracelet is perfect for the summer thanks to the lively colors and fun design.
It made me think at some of my butterfly jewelry pieces!
P.S The template looks very nice!

AnaVar said...

Beautiful! It's my first time here. I love your work and I enjoyed going through your blog. I want to learn more about beaded jewelry and I find lots of useful information here. Keep posting your photos!

clunygrey said...

Thank you very much!
And I'm glad you like the template AmberBeata!!
AnaVar - I needed to hear that today! Thank you!

Seasons Online said...

We also love this kind of natural jewellery, especially when it incorporates unique and unusual designs. Great work!