Sunday, August 08, 2010

The Long Road Home


It's been a very, very busy week, and I'm hoping to catch up on everything in all my lives, work, personal, domestic.... I drove over 800 miles to Arkansas without stopping for the night by myself and then back here to Virginia with my husband (who did the driving this time). If you look at the bottom of the page, you'll see my two reasons for that long drive - Cluny and Cuervo! I don't have a lot of jewelry to show today because of the trip, but I found time to make a turquoise bracelet with some wonderful Sleeping Beauty turquoise faceted nuggets that I just got in. I wanted to showcase the nuggets, so I only used 3 and accented only with sterling silver. The beautiful blue of the Sleeping Beauty is enough to hold its own! Below is a pair of amethyst earrings; they are gem-quality briolettes and hang from my favorite sterling earwires.

More of the antique jewelry line I've been working on is below. The first is an antique-style necklace with dark bronzey coloured filigree and a large peachy gold rhinestone backed by a dark circle of mother of pearl. The chain is a bar style that matches the filigree. The second necklace also makes use of the bronzey-coloured filigree. Here it is enlivened by crystal rhinestones and Swarovski crystals in Pacific opal; there's real sparkle, but it's sedate enough to wear during the day.


Finally here are my two travellers, who by the way, did exceedingly well on their first car trip ever (except for those short ones to the vet). They were absolutely wonderful, once we got them into their carriers. By the second day on the road, they had figured out that they weren't going to get shots at the vet, so the car ride was quite uneventful. They napped in the car and got back in their carriers whenever we stopped. Although only one of us got out at a time and we always left the car running, I was terrified that one of them would slip out the car door and run away into some field behind a service station. But they were perfect angels and now are trying to adjust to life on the sixth floor of an apartment building!

Above, Cluny with his tiger stripes on white fur and blue, blue eyes, and below, Cuervo, resting from the long car trip.
Shipping is FREE with an $50.00 purchase; $1.95 with any purchase under $50.00! Go to Cluny Grey Jewelry.

11 comments:

fashion jewellery said...

Ahhh I have a cat just like Cluny, she is a ginger female which is apparently quite rare.

sol said...

not sure which is a nicer jewelery, The earrings or the cat. Looks gorgeous ( I mean the cats)

jack said...

The above designs are awesome.
And that cats are looking good.
You have the great thinking towards the jewelery.

AnaVar said...

I just found your site and I love it! Have to go through briefly!

Anne Shane said...

The jewelry is very nice but he cats are cute... :-)Love tem both.

Luxse Le said...

Love the earrings! The cats are super cute as well.

-L

Unknown said...

The intricate designs of the pendents are beautiful.

Gold Charm         said...

I love the color turquoise.It adds such a streak of color to the ordinary.It also compliments white very well.There are also other colors in the gemstones like amethyst which make jewelry very interesting and wearable with matched outfits.

Jewelry Box Concept said...

Wow, fabulous stunning jewelry with excellent designs.I love all your jewelries especially the necklaces which I admire more with such cute cats.Thanks for sharing it.Buying jewelry boxes helps to secure such amazing jewelries.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing.
http://www.rothemcollection.com

Engagement Rings said...

Really nice designs. Thanks for updating us with those awesome designs.