Friday, November 18, 2005

Time for Sparkle!















As it (finally) starts getting colder here, my thoughts turn to that sparkles. The November-December-January holiday period is that time of the year when many of us go to more gatherings than we may in all the other months of the year put together! When I think of parties, I think of attention-getting jewelry; when I was in grad school, jewelry was always important since I didn't have the money to spend on party clothes, so the jewelry I wore "dressed" up the outfit (quite often a dressy white silk shirt and a long black skirt) and made it seem more festive even though it may have been something I'd worn many times. One type of jewelry that I never wore during the day was so it was great for going out in. Earrings were especially important since they drew attention to the face and hair; a filled in the neckline and announced that I was going to a party.









The necklace set made with Preciosa crystals hanging down is typical of something I might have worn: it's fairly simple, classic, and it would draw attention to v of the silk blouse which would probably be unbuttoned one button lower than it usually was. The , at over 2 inches long add a nice glow and sparkle, and are certainly not gaudy so that they could go comfortably many different places. The set in the first picture is great, too, since it has attention-getting earrings and the crystal of the bracelet with its little butterfly makes it special also.
Cluny Grey Jewelry Studio G Jewelry

No comments: