Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Pink Is So Pretty!

Here are 2 bracelets I just made while thinking in terms of Valentine's Day: hence the pink. I am in love with the first one, a made with thick round sterling silver tube beads from the Thai Karen Hill Tribes, and the wonderful lampwork of James Derrick Reeves. I used 2 of his swirling pink lentils around a regular bead also decorated with swirls for the front of the bracelet. Little Czech pink opal bellflowers are coming out of more Thai sterling silver - rosebuds here; there are Bali sterling silver beaded rondelles, and the "S" clasp that is decorated with a rose is also Thai as is the rose charm that is hanging beside it. This may be hard for me to let go - oh, and there are matching earrings, too.
This bracelet has a focal bead from LittleCrow, a beautiful pink tulip with green leaves around its base. The star gemstone here is pink in cubes, long tube-like beads, faceted rondelles and a carved oval and a "ruffled bead. And of course there's a lot of sterling silver including the toggle clasp!
These will probably be on auction on Ebay: search for Cluny Grey or for user id: chloemarie99
Cluny Grey Jewelry Studio G JewelryCluny Grey Jewelry

5 comments:

Maggie Ann said...

How gorgeous! My daughter and I make jewerly but nothing like this. It's wonderful..love the pinks.

clunygrey said...

Thanks Maggie Ann! I'm sure that you and your daughter make beautiful jewelry!

ShyViolet said...

Beautiful! I make jewelry too, and found your blog through wetcanvas. On there I'm wccecilia. I love your jewelry you've posted! The color combinations are great.

clunygrey said...

Thank you, shyviolet (I love that name). I know who you are because you have fantastic jewelry on a great website; I'll give the link here for people because that wirewrapped jewelry is just beautiful and anyone who loves jewelry ought to see it! So folks, if you love jewelry, here: http://www.shyviolet.net/

ShyViolet said...

More pictures! You should post more goodies more often! I need inspiration. :-D I especially love the garnet/pearl combination you posted a while ago - gives me new ideas about how to use some of my dyed pearls.

Thanks for the sweet compliments. I do the jewelry, but the website and photos are all my hubby's doing. I told him what I wanted it to look like and he made it happen. :-)