Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Fluorite: It's Not Easy Being Green & Purple



I love fluorite because of the complexity of its colouring. Yes, it's green and purple --- and teal and lilac and lavender and azure and violet and mint and aqua and striped and mottled and transparent, translucent, and almost opaque. It's a very unpredictable stone!

It is a soft stone which is one reason that you don't see a lot of fluorite rings (too bad!). But if you don't wear it 24 hours a day and when you're digging ditches, it should be okay.
Whenever I am not sure what I want to do, I try to do something with fluorite; inevitably, it gets me in the mood (fluorite as aphrodisiac?). Anyway, here is what I've been working on this week.

The fluorite bracelet with the toggle clasp is up for auction on Ebay this week, and the fluorite nugget earrings do come with it. To see the auction, do a search for Cluny Grey or look for user id: chloemarie99.
Otherwise, as usual, you can find my jewelry on my website, Cluny Grey Jewelry where I'll soon have these up here: Cluny's Fluorite Jewelry





1 comment:

rosefloss said...

Nice blog, love it very much