Sunday, June 18, 2006

A Touch of Yellow: Keltainen väri, Jaune, Amarelo, Sárga


I love yellow. I like to wear yellow; I like yellow rooms. It is sunny and bright; it stands for the intellect (think sun=light=reason), and yes, it is mysterious although it often seems bright and happy. (Think of that ominous yellow glow that occurs sometimes after a bad storm - when you know that there is more to come.
In the turquoise braclet above, the darkish, but bright amber yellow really punches up the turquoise making you see it differently. I love this look!
Here is my overdose on yellow: yellow citrine, yellow lampwork beads with a creamy white, and yellow crazy lace agate which I love. Its wonderful swirls, patterns and colours are so beautiful that I like to play with them actually - trying to think of what I'll use them in. The yellow lace agate is so beautiful that I've been known to string some of just those gemstone beads and put them on my bedside table so that I can look at them. Okay, maybe that's weird, but they are that pretty!
In the last bracelet here, more yellow with just a touch of turquoise in the lampwork beads to punch up the yellow. More yellow crazy lace agate and also calcite beads. I really like calcite because it is the colour of clarified butter and is so rich that it is to yellow what rubies are to red.
The little dark yellow cubes on the second strand that hang as charms are also calcite. I added a generous helping of sterling silver since I wanted one of the strands to be a chain.
These will soon be on my website. You can find them by looking for Citrine Bracelets on the Cluny Grey Jewelry website. I am working on the website (it seems to be getting huge, and I still have lots to add to it. So if you see something that you like, but it doesn't not have a "Buy It" button, it will soon.

I do have some Ebay auctions running this week; check them out by searching for Cluny Grey or user id: chloemarie99.

9 comments:

Tracy S said...

ohhhh your work is fabulous.. I really like this second one although they are all beautiful. Very nice work.

Thank you for the comment :)

MsDemmie said...

These are all very pretty ....

M.Aldito.Arte said...

Nice work,I love them all

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I am such a sucker for turquoise. I love the rough stone against your delicate little flower pendant. :)

BTW, do you ever use vintage jewelry, for parts or inpsiration? I just opened an online vintage jewelry store that I'd love for you to check out. www.bellasvintagejewelrybox.com.

Anonymous said...

hello, i have enjoyed checking out your blog every so often, and i've finally started my own blog - and added a link to your blog on my "blogroll"! i would really appreciate if you would link back to my blog from yours somehow, but if thats not do-able, its ok. in any case, keep up the good blogging!

JB said...

Great stuff this week. Love the all yellow one.

JB said...

Great stuff this week. Love the all yellow one.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cluny, I had no idea that you can write in Finnish (Keltainen väri)

clunygrey said...

I osata ihonväri. Cluny