Sunday, June 04, 2006

Beads, Bangles, and Turquoise


I love bangle bracelets; I always have. There are sorts I like better than others of course; I prefer the thicker ones to thin - although I have had some thin ones I like. I love my David Yurman bracelets that so effortlessly combine gold with sterling silver that even I don't feel like I'm clashing (I'm Ms. Monochromatic when it comes to clothing). I'm really fond of these large rectangles. I first got the gemstone rectangles in carnelian, then jade, and now these blue quartz (not glass). This is really a heavenly shade of blue. I had to put some of Burt Gumeson's lampwork beads with it to make a bangle that really looked put together. I'm fairly happy with the result. It's not for everyone, but it is an especially pretty bracelet.

These lampwork beads were such a peculiar colour that I kept looking at them and wanting to use them. I don't really use copper (the metal) in my designs, but if I did, I think these would have done well with copper. The beads are a rather muted metallic coppery colour with orange and pink "bumps." Now I love orange and pink together (shades of the 'sixties) so maybe that's what drew me to these. One thing that I like about this bangle is that there is no disputing that the lampwork beads are the focal point of this piece of jewelry.


Summer just screams coral and turquoise to me - not necessarily together, but they do work together. I really like this coral and turquoise bracelet and am very happy with the way that it turned out! That probably means that it won't sell because half the time the pieces I am delighted with are not always the ones that are a hit with buyers. C'est la vie!
You can find the bracelets here at my website:Bangle Bracelets or here: Turquoise Bracelets, and both are on the Cluny Grey Jewelry website.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your work!! i love making my own beads jewelry. I mainly do beads belts. just surfing from blogmad. already blogmarked you. will be dropping from time to time.

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying your work as well!

Anonymous said...

This summer I've been really drawn to coral as well ;) Our creative minds seem to be in synch! I love the turquoise and coral mix...absolutely gorgeous.