Friday, June 08, 2007

Coral, Coral, and a New Computer!

Ahhh....I have a new computer! Hooray for me! The last computer basically melted down; we even had to reinstall Windows XP on it to get it to work! But a new computer also means more work because there are many bits of data that I want to organize differently and more efficiently on my new computer. So I've been busy, but I have had a bit of time to list some jewelry.

I love coral for summer! From the top bracelet, the simple pearl and peachy coral, to the bottom red coral necklace, I love almost every piece of coral jewelry that I make - and want to wear it
Coral is also a great mixer - another reason that I love it. It mixes well with all kinds and colours of gemstone beads as well as lampwork glass. It looks great with gold and with silver.
My favorite bracelet has to be the blue coral bracelet (the second bracelet from the top) that is mixed with sterling silver dendrite opal and a sparkling drusy! Little charms (sea themed, naturally) dangle from various places on the bracelet. I've also added some ocean jasper that is almost translucent and little keishe pearls in a dark silver.

I finally used some of the most gorgeous, big, etched lampwork beads in coral and a frost that I've ever had. I've been waiting for the right colour of coral and finally got it. Again, the sea themed sterling charms just for fun!


This bracelet is all 14 karat gold fill mixed with lampwork boro beads, ocean jasper, lapis, coral, turquoise, and smokey quartz. I would never have mixed those particular gemstone beads, but I was playing with designs for a commision and the customer requested these gemstones. She decided to go with the sterling, but by then, I decided to go ahead and make the bracelet since I liked it a lot.


Finally, lapis and lampwork once again with long branches of twiggy red coral in this coral necklace. The lampwork beads are from James Derrick Reeves (and you know how much I love his truly excellent beads).
Did I mention that one of the reasons I like coral is because it looks wonderful against summer skin - that is, bare skin, lightly tanned to dark. So very, very sexy with something strapless!



  • Edit-Me
  • 4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Yet another fine collection of work. I love the lampwork and coral bracelet the colours are so beautiful and summery. It amazes me how you manage to come up with such fantastic designs time after time. Do you come up with an idea first then buy the beads or vice versa?

    clunygrey said...

    Thank you "Swarovski Crystals"; I do both, but it's better for me to have the beads first. When I come up with the design first, I invariably spend too much time searching for the right size, shape, and gemstone!
    Cluny

    Vintage Wine said...

    Wow, I just love your work! I feel så inspired by looking at your pictures...
    Best wishes,
    Elisabeth

    Anonymous said...

    What beautiful bracelets, they look amazing and with the coral colours, most definenatly one for the summer.