Sunday, February 28, 2010

More for Spring!


The Spring Collection continues with jewelry pieces in the newest Spring colours. And two of the newest colours for Spring in one of my favorite bracelets are the two colours mixed in the citrine bracelet above. The yellow is called Aurora (this citrine is perfect) and the other colour represented by Botswana agate and specially chosen rondelles of ocean jasper is a grey called eucalyptus. I love this combination because it reminds me of one of my favorite dresses of all time; I was in the ninth grade and it was a pretty grey wool a-line dress with a yellow organdy yoke with a tiny ruffle. I know, it sounds awful, but I felt gorgeous in it (quite a feat when you're in the ninth grade) and I have never forgotten how very chic those two colours were together. I would wear that dress now if I had it (in the right size, of course)!

Below are two bracelets featuring the colour of the year - Turquoise - mixed with another spring colour - red. The gemstones are turquoise and carnelian, a very red carnelian, I might add. Carnelian comes in many different shades and if you look lower you'll see a carnelian and turquoise bracelet where the carnelian is quite orange!


Two more colours that are in for Spring: a pretty deep blue and a warm beige known as Tuscany. Both are represented here by chalcedony and porcelain jasper, respectively. Little charms highlight the flower them and a lampwork bead ties the colours together. This unique bracelet looks much prettier in person.

Below, another colour for Spring 2010, champagne pink, a pretty delicate colour that will look good with many colours other than pink. The bracelet is made from champagne pink agate; many pieces are in carved shapes.

Above, the tomato red mixed with a hint of another new Spring colour: violet. This lampwork bracelet boasts some of the nicest artists' lampwork I have, and is embedded with little dots of gold. I've mixed them with goldfilled chains, charms, and accents for a bracelet that is really spectacular. The chains are varied, and some go only partially loop around the bracelet. Swarovski crystals add the finishing touch and make this bracelet truly outstanding.

1 comment:

robyn said...

Torquoise and carnelian are some of my favorite stones. I love what you did with these when you combine them with the design. Good work!